Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a Senior Piping Engineer - (Offshore) to join our team in Saudi Arabia.
· Have experience in the oil / gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore, or infrastructure industries and is recognized as a specialist in a specific engineering field on large to mega projects
· Prepare and review engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications
· Resolve specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards
· Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications
· Perform and/or oversee all Piping Stress Analysis, assuring compliance with all applicable codes pertaining to piping systems and strain sensitive equipment
· Oversee the work of other Piping Engineering personnel. Provide direction and guidance to the Piping Engineering Team
· Prepare man-hour estimates for all Piping Engineering activities
· Schedule, track, and forecast Piping Engineering activities
· Manage man-hour expenditures for Piping Engineering
· Produce required project reporting for Piping Engineering
· Ensure coordination with other in-house departments
· Develop and maintain list of lines to be stress analyzed
· Develop and maintain spring support list
· Perform wall thickness and branch reinforcing calculations
· Prepare requisitions, technical bid evaluations, and supplier document review for spring supports and expansion joints
· Perform thorough review of relevant vendor information
· Provide a timely internal check of drawings produced by other MHDP disciplines
BS Engineering degree
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC 137002 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.
To learn more about Wood Group by receiving regular news updates, follow us on LinkedIn or Facebook
Registered in Scotland No: SC36219 - Registered Office: John Wood House, Greenwell Road, Aberdeen AB12 3AX Scotland, UK
US Corporate Office: Wood Group, 17420 Katy Freeway, Suite 300, Houston, TX 77094
© 2002-2014 John Wood Group PLC