Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a Lead Piping Engineer (Offshore) to join our team in Saudi Arabia.
· Has demonstrated experience in the hydrocarbon processing/utilities units and oil/gas industry and has overall expertise in pipeline technologies
• Has been recognized as specialist in specific engineering field on large to mega projects
• Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices, economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes, standards, procedures and specifications
• Provides guidance to the project detail design engineering work
• Experience as a Lead Engineer in a similar environment, running small teams of piping engineers
• Experience in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting.
• Experience in pipe thickness and sizing calculation
• Familiarity with quality control systems in engineering design
· Coordinates with project discipline and lead engineers to ensure correct implementation of the design for his engineering specialty and coordinates the work of engineers within his specialty
• Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents and material and equipment specifications
• Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying principles, codes and standards
• May assist HoD in providing technical excellence and standards for the department
• Prepare work force staffing requirements and schedules for projects
• Assist with pipeline project proposals
• Responsible for the identification of training needs and training in junior engineers
• Responsible for the continual improvement of the department processes by notifying the Manager of any concerns with the QMS
BS Engineering degree
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC ****** in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.
To learn more about Wood Group by receiving regular news updates, follow us on LinkedIn or Facebook
Registered in Scotland No: SC36219 - Registered Office: John Wood House, Greenwell Road, Aberdeen AB12 3AX Scotland, UK
US Corporate Office: Wood Group, 17420 Katy Freeway, Suite 300, Houston, TX 77094
© 2002-2014 John Wood Group PLC