Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Crane Operator and Deck Lead, the Deck Crew has a dual role providing rigging /scaffolding and heli/banksman duties.
In general the crew will be required to perform rigging and scaffolding duties in a manner that protects safety, health and the environment, whilst conforming to quality and time requirements. Ensure good housekeeping habits at all times and to maintain a safe worksite for self and fellow workers.
· Working closely with the Crane Operator to check loads to be moved
· Attaching lifting devices to hoisting equipment and items to be moved, using clamps, hooks, bolts and knots
· Selecting slings and other grappling devices, covering sharp corners with padding to prevent damage to slings
· Guiding the Crane Operator by using hand signals or two way radio
· Alerting people or objects which may come into the path of the moving load
· Guiding the load into place as they are lowered into position
· Inspecting chains, slings, ropes, cables, hooks and lifting gear for flaws and damage
Heli / Banksman duties include but not limited to:
· Responsible for safety of personnel and equipment on helideck during helicopter operations
· Work according to Standing Instructions to Helicopter Operations
· Ensure helideck is clear for landing and takeoff
· Supervise helideck assistants and passengers / freight on and off aircraft
· Responsible for the operation of the helicopter fuel system according to field operating procedures
· Assist tradesperson in their work when required
· Participate in Process Safety Management activities
· Ensure all JSA’s (Job Safety Analysis) are reviewed and understood
· Liaise with the Onshore Technical Support as required
· Ensure a safe place of work by complying with Permit to Work (PTW) system and safe working procedure(s)
· Provide OJT (On-the-Job Training) for less experienced team members
· Willing member of the emergency response team
· Maintain a high degree of EHS awareness
· Be familiar with and follow Life Saving Rules at all times
· Actively participate and support all EHS plans, initiatives and improvements
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar offshore position
· Health and Safety Organisation Dogman Certificate
· Health and Safety Organisation Basic Scaffolding Certificate
· Health and Safety Organisation Basic Rigging Certificate
· Experience in helicopter operations as HLO/HDA, (desirable)
· Experience in Scaffolding erection and dismantling (desirable)
· Knowledge/experience of construction in the offshore oil and gas production facilities
· VHF Marine/Helicopter Certificate
· Good in spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC137286 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.
To learn more about Wood Group by receiving regular news updates, follow us on LinkedIn or Facebook